Moving House Tips For a Stress-Free Move In Balham
It’s lucky that most of us in Balham don’t have to move very often in their lives although some of us will do it more often than others. It’s definitely not the easiest of tasks and some might argue that it’s up there in one of life’s most stressful events. A few tips to help you along the way are often welcomed by the anxious mover.
- Get someone to look after pets or children for the day. Moving is not only stressful for you but it can also be stressful on pets and children as well. Having them around during a move will only make things harder for you as well. So ask a friend or family member to keep an eye on them during your relocation in Balham.
- Declutter first. Moving is a time to get ruthless on your things, especially things that might not provide a purpose to your SW11 home or that you don’t think is a beautiful accessory to your new space. Have a sale, take things to charity or throw it away. It will be much easier to move with less stuff and a decluttered area.
- Look into insurance that’s covered by your removal company. Most moving professionals in SW12 will have their own insurance to cover moving your items but if you are dealing with furniture removals and have valuable things then it might be a good idea to look into extra insurance or double check with the company you are going to go with.
- Plan the best time to move. Weekends and bank holidays are often busy times for a home move and you may find that if you are hiring a man and van that they are harder to get in these days or even more expensive. Pick a week day of possible, even if it means booking a day off work. Just make sure you avoid rush hour times however, especially if you are going for removals in London.
- Make an inventory of everything that you need to move and make sure you take pictures if needed. Change your address with the post office and get together a list of anything else you might need to do in your new area such as registering with a new doctors and cancelling any regular deliveries.
- Get free quotes and estimates. It’s always a good idea to call around different companies to get cheap removals in London. You might find you get some very different quote and it’s definitely worth shopping around so leave yourself plenty of time to do so.
- Give your mover or friends and family a layout of your new home in SW12. Whoever is helping you move make sure you give them an insight into your plans so they have a good idea of where everything needs to go. This way you won’t have to do much heavy lifting when everyone has gone.
- Work out what you have to do. Changing over bills, cancelling your gas and electric company are all things you will need to organise. Have a look round your new area and get an idea of your local exercise classes, green spaces, schools and supermarkets in Balham. It’s also a nice way to help you relax during a move, taking a walking break and feeling excited to get to know your new area so try to enjoy.
There is no denying a move can be stressful but getting organised is the first step to eliminating this. Keep yourself and family clam and know that you will manage to get through it in the end.